Selling a home can be a confusing and complicated process. Two key decisions will be (A) selecting a salesperson who will dedicate the time and effort to sell your home, and (B) deciding on a price. The cost of selling a home is also an important consideration. You should consider the marketing of your home. To get the best possible price a home has to be exposed to as many buyers as possible. Marketing is more than simply putting the home on the multiple listing service. It's identifying who the buyer might be, what features and accompanying benefits will attract that buyer? How will the buyer be reached and what will be the likely circumstances.
You Need A Plan
To achieve these objectives you need a plan. At Royal LePage we give attention to these details. We are equipped with training, skills and tools that allow us to provide excellence in service. What's more, we commit our marketing plan to paper. With CHAPMAN & Associates our custom listing program provides you with:
Selling a home should leave nothing up to chance!
Benefits of Using a REALTOR®
Selling a home takes more than just an ad in the paper, and a "FOR SALE" sign on the lot. Firstly, it takes experience and training to correctly price a home to sell. It requires a carefully prepared market analysis showing not only homes that have sold, but homes that are still on the market which represents your competition; as well as homes that were on the market that never sold.
Anticipating and Solving Problems
Secondly, you need to anticipate and solve the many problems that can arise during the selling process. Very frequently the buyer has to sell their own home in order to buy yours. It is sometimes difficult to keep control in these circumstances. Usually it doesn't cost a buyer anything upfront to work with a REALTOR®. Someone maybe looking to buy a home at a lower price because they know you are saving the brokerage fee if you are not working with a REALTOR®.
We will work for you every step of the way! My combination of skill, experience, and technology ensures that I can sell your home for the highest possible price and in the shortest period of time. I have the tools to meet the demands of a highly competitive, modern market.
Online access to your property! Available 24 hours a day!
My online marketing system allows me to make information accessible 24-hours a day, and to respond immediately and directly to each and every prospective buyer. From my website, prospective buyers can get information immediately about your home. They can access my site 24 hours a day and view your property listing! Through my Personal Home Search, your listing will be sent by e-mail to every prospective buyer in my database, where your home meets their criteria. Plus it will be e-mailed automatically to future prospective buyers as well.
Tips for selling your home to achieve the highest dollar for your property!
4 Things you do before you sell
1. Get estimates from a reliable repairperson on items that need to be replaced soon, a roof or worn carpeting, for example. This way, buyers will have a better sense of how much these needed repairs will affect their costs.
2. Get a pre-sale home inspection so you'll be able to make repairs before buyers become concerned.
3. Gather together warranties and guarantees on the furnace, appliances, and other items that will remain with the house.
4. Fill out a disclosure form. Take the time to be sure that you don't forget problems, however minor, that might create liability for you after the sale.
10 Ways to make your home more saleable
1. Get rid of clutter. Throw out or file stacks of newspapers and magazines. Pack away most of your small decorative items. Store out-of-season clothing to make closets seem roomier. Clean out the garage.
2. Wash your windows and screens to let more light into the interior.
3. Keep everything extra clean. Wash fingerprints from light switch plates. Mop and wax floors. Clean the stove and refrigerator. A clean house makes a better first impression and convinces buyers that the home has been well cared for.
4. Get rid of smells. Clean carpeting and drapes to eliminate cooking odors, smoke, and pet smells. Open the windows.
5. Put higher wattage bulbs in light sockets to make rooms seem brighter, especially basements and other dark rooms. Replace any burnt-out bulbs.
6. Make minor repairs that can create a bad impression. Small problems such as sticky doors, torn screens, cracked caulking, or a dripping faucet may seem trivial, but they'll give buyers the impression that the house isn't well maintained.
7. Tidy your yard. Cut the grass, rake the leaves, trim the bushes, and edge the walks. Put a pot or two of bright flowers near the entryway.
8. Patch holes in your driveway and reapply sealant, if applicable.
9. Clean your gutters.
10. Polish your front doorknob and door numbers.
5 Ways to speed up your sale
1. Price it right.
2. Get your house "market ready" for at least two weeks before you begin showing it.
3. Be flexible about showings. It's often disruptive to have a house ready to show on the spur of the moment, but the more often someone can see your home, the sooner you'll find a buyer.
4. Be ready for the offers. Decide in advance what price and terms you'll find acceptable.
5. Don't refuse to adjust the price. If your home has been on the market for more than 30 days without an offer, be prepared to lower your asking price.
Wonder what your home is worth?
Contact Jesse or Doug for a free, no obligation property evaluation TODAY!